Standard and recommendations
Road lighting performance requirements are defined according to the following standard and recommendations:
- European standard EN 13201 (parts 1 to 4), main standard for the photometric performance of a street lighting installation,
- Recommendations on street lighting installations, published by national authorities (AFE, SLG, LTG, UKLB, VGU…).
The different types of Light Intensity measurements proposed by ROCH Service
- Continuous illuminance and/or luminance measurement of street lights, with the objective of obtaining an overall and a detailed analysis of the photometric performance of an installation according to European standard EN 13201.
- Specific measurements: measurements related to accessibility of the elderly and disabled people, sidewalks, tunnels, underground parking, stadium…
The ROCH Service photometric diagnosis results are delivered on a paper format, on an IT support and through the S@G@ software. It covers the following points:
- The luminance measurement (point by point measurement, average road surface luminance, overall and longitudinal uniformities),
- The horizontal illuminance measurement (point by point measurement, average road section illuminance, overall uniformity),
- The comparison of the luminance and illuminance results to the standard performance requirements.
Benefits of the diagnosis proposed by ROCH Service
- The processed data allows the infrastructure owner to identify under lit or over lit road sections, resulting into potential energy savings and improved safety conditions,
- All the measured data are available on the on line S@G@ software which allows a detailed analysis of each light source, pedestrian crossing, conflict areas, road sections,
- A relevant analysis: each street is analyzed in thirty meters sections, a distance that corresponds to the average interdistance between two columns,
- A detailed analysis of the conflict areas (crosswalk, footpath, cycle track, roundabout, junction…), potential sources of accident.
For more details or special requests, please contact us.